The route is essentially an ‘out and back’ to Barangaroo; however, to keep it interesting, we have made the way home different to the outbound journey. It might seem a little complicated at first, but once you’ve completed the circuit once, we’re sure you won’t lose your way. Here are our detailed directions:
Updated November 2018
- Run across the Harbour Bridge, north to south.
- Run down the Harbour Bridge stairs, and turn left onto Cumberland Street and follow the road
- Turn left onto Lower Fort St and continue for about 400m
- Turn left onto Argyle St
- Turn left onto George St (The Rocks)
- Cross over George St and turn right into Hickson Road
- Follow Hickson Road until you reach the first entry point to Pier 8/9; turn right into that entry point
- Run around Pier 8/9
- From Pier 9, turn right onto Hickson Road/Towns Place and run toward Barangaroo Reserve (Wulagui Walk)
- After about 200m, turn left onto Boot Boot path and run the length of the loop
- When you reach the beginning of Boot Boot path again, turn left onto Wulagui Walk again
- Run as far as you can until the end of Wulagui Walk and back to the entry to Barangaroo Reserve
- Run around Pier 8/9 again and continue along Hickson Rd
- Turn right at the Crushed Car roundabout on Hickson Road and go up Pottinger Stret Hill
- Turn left onto Windmill St and then right onto Lower Fort St
- Turn right on Argyle St and then left up the Watson Rd ramp
- Continue up the Watson Rd ramp and then run down into the Harbour Bridge pedestrian tunnel to make your way back up the stairs and onto the Harbour Bridge.
- Push hard for the final 1,500 metres home!