The route is essentially an ‘out and back’ to Waterman’s Cove, Barangaroo. However, to keep it interesting, we have made homeward journey different to the outbound journey. It might seem a little complicated at first, but once you’ve completed the circuit a few times, we’re sure you won’t lose your way.
Here are our detailed directions:
Updated May 2021: Waterman’s Cove version
- Run across the Harbour Bridge, north to south.
- Run down the Harbour Bridge stairs, and turn left onto Cumberland Street and follow the road
- Turn left onto Lower Fort St and continue for about 400m
- Turn left onto Argyle St
- Continue over George St and towards the Harbour foreshore
- Turn left into the Sydney Cove Overseas Passenger Terminal
- Follow the harbour foreshore around Piermouth Bay and Hickson Road Reserve until you’re on Hickson Road
- Follow Hickson Road until you reach the first entry point to Pier 4/5; make a sharp right into that entry point
- Run around Pier 4/5
- Follow the Walsh Bay Deck around to run around Pier 8/9
- Turn right onto Hickson Road/Towns Place and run into the Barangaroo Reserve (Wulagui Walk)
- Run the entire length of the Wulagui Walk until you pass the Crown and reach Waterman’s Cove
- Run the deck around Waterman’s Cove and circle back to Barangaroo
- Run the course in reverse until you exit Barangaroo
- Run back Hickson Road (no piers this time) until you reach the Crushed Car roundabout
- Turn right at the Crushed Car roundabout and go up Pottinger Stret Hill
- Turn left onto Windmill St and then right onto Lower Fort St
- Turn right on Argyle St and then left up the Watson Rd ramp
- Continue up the Watson Rd ramp and then run down into the Harbour Bridge pedestrian tunnel to make your way back up the stairs and onto the Harbour Bridge.
- Push hard for the final 1,500 metres home!